As part of the Student engagement book I am currently writing I am planning to include a number of engagement vignettes, and case studies. There are a number planned for the book already, but I would like to include some case studies from across the sector, from a range of perspectives other than my own.
If you would be interested in submitting a case study, please fill out the form linked in this post. Some quick notes.
- I am looking to include for short “boxed” vignettes of online student engagement practice of around 300 words.
- I am looking for success stories as well as lessons learnt.
- Each vignette should be practical in nature and include 1) the context, such as the subject you teach, where you are based etc 2) what student engagement initiative you implemented 3) How you implemented it 4) a discussion over how it went.
- If there is a student willing to offer their perspective on your vignette, please include this in an additional 100-word section.
- If you have a paper or article that discusses the activity you are referring to, please add a reference.
I am open to all student engagement vignettes but specifically interested in those that fall under the following general themes.
- Barriers to online student engagement
- Promoting participation
- Fostering intrinsic motivation
- Online accessibility
- Interacting with Module Teams
- Online signposting as an aid to student engagement
- Student engagement on non-standard platforms or Social Media.
- Online community development
- Promoting student ownership of learning
- Co-creation with students
- Creating shared online spaces
If you would be interested in submitting a vignette to the book, please fill out the following form. If your vignette is selected for inclusion you will be notified in advance, and appropriately credited for the work.
Please find the form at this link – https://lncn.ac/engagebook – the deadline for submissions is Feb 1st.